Thursday 27 January 2011

Inspiration...

We freely accept the necessity of transition in nature, but we are resistant to apply the same principle to our own lives. Many of us tend to hold steadily onto the past, neglecting the possibility that something better might be up ahead. A tree can not hold onto its flowers and leaves for fear of losing its treasure. It simply lets go of them knowing that its full beauty will be restored. The same blossoms will not return, but ones that are just as, if not more beautiful than the originals. Everything comes full circle. Keeping this principle in mind should allow us to accept change more readily.
~*~
If
If all there was to know
Was known by only me
And the only place to go
I was all there was to see.
I'd start at the beginning
And I'd make myself anew
With a will that's free for sinning
To forget all that I knew.
Then I could learn again
That which I could only teach
That the truth of I as man
Is there's nothing I can't reach.
- Robert James -
~*~
If you have only one smile in you give it to the people you love.
- Maya Angelou -
~*~
I have found
that among
its other
benefits,
giving
liberates
the soul
of the giver.
- Maya Angelou -
~*~

No comments:

Post a Comment