Friday 4 February 2011

Life's Treasures...

 
As she stood in moons light, she whispered to him.
What, treasures have you, to show me your love?

He answered her softly, almost a "coo"..
I have diamonds, and gold, I have silver for you.

I have lands, and buildings a home most divine
You'll never know wanting with me by your side.

I have wealth to indulge, your every hearts whim
What ever your desires I can buy them.

You can spend all your time in the sun on a yacht
Shopping, or chatting, what ever you'd like.

She turns to go, and he shifts his weight
What else could she want?, he thinks to himself..

He's angered now by her lack of response
"How dare you defy me, I have promised you wealth".

She turns and looks back, and whisper's again.
The question's, she asks, are answers for "him"..

What is it you see, that your heart desires?
Why is it me, you wish to acquire?

~Your beauty,Your grace
~Your poise and your stature
~The way that you smile,
~Your eyes, how they sparkle..

And what is it in me, you wish so to grasp
What for yourself, for this would you ask?

~I wish for your beauty
~To be by my side,
~For meetings, or pleasure
~What ever the time.

She steps towards him, so she is sure he can hear her
Her voice like music, still just a whisper..

For all of your wealth, your diamonds and gold
You have not a clue the true value of love.

For all of my lacking in material things
I am far richer, than you'll ever be.

I know the joy's of walking this earth
Our "true " life's treasures. They, can never be bought.

For life, is so full of riches. You can not touch,
but yet you will feel them. With in the depths of your heart.

The pains and the joys, the fears or the shame,
The laughter or tears or all the times in between.

The Oceans, the mountains, the sun, or the stars
The moons light, a stream or a valley of flowers

The pure joy of another that shares just a smile,
The laughter and playing, that of a child..

Treasure's you offer? I think not
The "treasure" I wish for is Love from the heart.

What more could I give you? I have offered the world!
I don't understand this, not one single word.

As she smiled at him she gave him an answer
For one day he'd know what really to treasure

To give of your self, is to give without thought
Of what you would want just for yourself.

To see with your heart "who" someone is,
To share""of" yourself not "what" you can give..

To give with your heart, if just a smile,
To see others here with equal value.

With that she turned and was out of his sight
All he could see..soft rays of moons light.

D.Enise

TRUE TREASURES

Copyright ~2002

No comments:

Post a Comment