Wednesday 24 August 2011

Giving Up Wine...




I  was walking down the street when I  was
accosted
by a particularly dirty and  shabby-looking
homeless woman who asked me for  a couple of
dollars for dinner.

I took  out my wallet, got out ten dollars  and
asked,
  'If  I give you this money, will you buy wine  with
it instead of dinner?'

'No, I had  to stop drinking years ago', the
homeless woman  told me.

'Will you use it to go shopping  instead of buying
food?' I asked.

'No, I  don't waste time shopping,' the homeless
woman  said. 'I need to spend all my time trying
to  stay alive.'

'Will you spend this on a  beauty salon instead of
food?' I  asked.

'Are you NUTS!' replied the homeless  woman.
I haven't had my hair done in 20  years!'

'Well, I said, 'I'm not going to  give you the
money. Instead, I'm going to take  you out for
dinner with my husband and me  tonight.'

The homeless Woman was shocked.  'Won't your
husband be furious with you for  doing that? I know
I'm dirty, and I probably  smell pretty disgusting.'

I said, 'That's  okay. It's important for him to see
what a  woman looks like after she has given  up
shopping, hair appointments, and  wine.'



No comments:

Post a Comment