Sunday 14 August 2011

Separate Footpaths...

It was just a sudden draught of air
That’s how I knew that you were there
I saw you in the corner of my eye
I didn’t see detail, and I wasn’t sure why
Silently you moved just out of view
I wasn’t scared because I knew that it was you
You were there quite close to me
Yet how was that possible?  How could that be?
I wanted to reach out and hold you tight
To feel your warmth all through the night
I wanted to hold your hand in mine
And prayed that we had gone back in time
Your love surrounded me like a cloak
What precious memories it evoked
Your smiling mouth, your twinkling eyes,
Your gentle touch
To have them back would mean so very much
I made a silent wish ‘Please come back to me’…
‘So I can hold you close and let the tears run free’
‘Let me feel your breath upon my cheek;’
‘I want to smell your hair and hear you speak’;
Then you are gone, you’ve closed the door;
There is no ‘You’
I cannot feel what I had felt before
Your Spirit lingered long enough
To say ‘Goodbye’
For we must walk on separate footpaths
You and I

-Marie Francis-

No comments:

Post a Comment